Helping You Seek Social Security Disability Benefits
Social Security Disability benefits can sometimes make the difference between putting food on the table and going hungry, between paying for medications and doing without.
At Smith, Feddeler & Smith, P.A., in Florida, we understand how important these benefits are to you. Let our family help yours pursue the money and medical care you need. Our lawyers have extensive experience in these and other injury-related matters in Lakeland, Orlando and beyond.
Understanding The Two Types Of Disability Benefits
Depending on your situation, you may be able to seek either Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits. SSDI is intended for disabled individuals who have worked steadily and paid taxes over the years. SSI is available to certain disabled individuals who have never worked or who never had taxes taken out of their paychecks. We can advise you about which one you may qualify for.
Applying For Benefits
It’s important that your claim meets all the right qualifications for SSDI or SSI benefits. At Smith, Feddeler & Smith, P.A., our knowledgeable attorneys can make sure your initial application is filed correctly and completely the first time. This can save you considerable stress down the road.
Appealing A Denied Claim
A rejection letter doesn’t have to be the end of the story. Even if your claim has been previously denied, we can help you appeal this decision by:
- A request for reconsideration of your case
- A special hearing of your case by an administrative law judge
- Review by the Social Security Appeals Council
Learn More In A Free, One-On-One Consultation With An Experienced Attorney
If you or someone you know needs professional legal advice and representation in any Social Security Disability matter, contact us today at 800-200-7546 for a free case evaluation by one of our experienced attorneys. We are available to meet with you wherever is most convenient — whether that be one of our six office locations, your home or the hospital.
Se habla español
Our Practice Focus
- Workers’ Compensation
- Personal Injury
- Why You Need A Lawyer
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Dangerous Property Conditions
- Wrongful Death
- Brain Injuries
- Personal Injury Information
- Understanding a Personal Injury Journal, Tampa Injury Lawyer
- After Your Injury
- Paying Bills Later
- The Defendant
- Discovery Requests
- Request For More Documentation
- Personal Injury Journals
- Valuing Your Lakeland Personal Injury Case Based on Medical Bills and Records
- Stalling Tactics Used by Insurance Adjustors
- Common Techniques Used By Claims Representatives
- Special Damages Vs. Pain And Suffering
- Evaluating Claims
- How Much Is My Case Worth?
- Social Security Disability
- Employment Disputes
- Unlawful Retaliation
- Overtime & Wage Disputes
- Employment Law Information
- Successful Deposition Testimony
- Initial Stages of Your Employment Claim
- When Are Mental Exams By the Defense Allowed to Be Used on an Employee?
- Getting Ready For Your Deposition
- Title VII: Protected Categories
- Title VII’s Prohibitions
- The Use of Direct Evidence to Establish Retaliatory Intent
- Arbitration Favors Employers (Not Employees)
- The Value Of Emotional Distress
- How Lakeland Employment Lawyers Evaluate Cases
- Limit Discussion of Your Employment Case