Mapping Your Route To A Successful Legal Outcome
If you were injured by someone else’s carelessness or negligence, the last thing you need is an attorney who is equally uncaring or unresponsive. You won’t find such lawyers at Smith, Feddeler & Smith, P.A. Instead, our team of Florida attorneys believes in providing high-quality service and genuine attention to those we serve.
Since 1968, our Lakeland-based law firm has been a place Where People Come First. As part of our commitment to putting YOU first, we will make sure you meet with an actual attorney, not a paralegal, case manager or investigator. Only a qualified attorney can offer you legal advice and a plan for action that includes how to deal with all aspects of your injury and its consequences.
Learn a few more ways a lawyer can make a difference in the outcome of your case.
How To File A Florida Personal Injury Claim
After an accident, filing a personal injury claim immediately is crucial. Follow these steps to successfully submit yours in Florida:
- Gather accident site evidence: Whether you were in a car accident, were bit by a dog, or slipped and fell at the grocery store, make sure you take pictures at the scene and, if you can, get statements from witnesses. We also understand you may feel distressed or that your injury may prevent you from thinking clearly. In these instances, ask for help from a nearby loved one or bystander.
- Talk to your doctor: Even if you feel fine after an accident, it’s still important to talk to your doctor or health care provider. Often, they can run tests to check a seemingly minor injury or determine if you have a serious internal injury. If they find something, you can usually use their evaluations, tests and diagnoses as evidence in your case.
- Gather post-accident evidence/paperwork: What you need may vary on the accident. For example, if you wind up in the hospital, keep records of your medical bills for any care or procedures you receive. If your injury leaves you unable to work, obtain financial statements that shows how much income you’ve lost. Police accident reports can also be helpful.
- Call an attorney: After gathering the appropriate evidence and talking to your doctor, you can bring what you’ve gathered to an attorney. They can help you organize your findings and use it to create a compelling case. They can also help you obtain any evidence or documents you potentially missed and help you initiate a lawsuit if your case goes to court.
Gathering the evidence and filing your claim within Florida’s statute of limitations is crucial. Call Smith, Feddeler & Smith, P.A., today, and we can help you begin the process.
We Handle All Types Of Accident Cases
Smith, Feddeler & Smith, P.A., is equipped to handle many different types of personal injury cases, including those that involve:
- Car, truck and motorcycle accidents – Motor vehicle accidents are a leading cause of injury and death. If the other driver was drunk, texting while driving or simply careless behind the wheel, you can seek compensation.
- Premises liability – If a property owner is negligent, he or she may be held accountable for slip, trips and falls on the property. Premises liability claims can also involve dog bites, swimming pool accidents and other incidents.
- Traumatic brain injuries – Brain and head injuries can lead to extensive medical bills. They may even require lifelong medical care. Don’t hesitate to pursue the money you will need to cover these costs.
- Fatal accidents – If you lost a loved one, we can help you file a wrongful death lawsuit. Doing so can help provide financial stability for your family. It can also provide you with a sense of closure and justice.
How Many Florida Personal Injury Claims Go To Court?
Only a small percentage of Florida personal injury claims land in front of a judge. According to statistics from the Justice Department, only 3% to 5% of Florida personal injury claims go to court, which is on par with the national average.
Want more information before pursuing an injury claim? Visit our FAQ page.
Start With A Free Consultation With An Experienced Personal Injury Attorney
Our goal is to restore some of the peace of mind the accident has stolen from you and your family. Let us help you pursue the full and fair compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Call us today at 863-336-6927 or contact us online to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you, so you have nothing to lose. We are also available to meet with you anywhere in Florida. We have offices in Orlando, Tampa and throughout Florida.
Se habla español