Employment Lawyers in Tampa: Initial Stages of Your Employment Claim
Most employers treat their employees fairly and have safeguards in place to address and correct violations of workplace conduct. In many cases, though, an employer may choose to deliberately violate or look the other way after inappropriate conduct. Your Tampa employment discrimination attorney will assist you throughout each complex stage of filing an employment claim against your employer to seek the just compensation that you deserve.
The Defense Attorney’s Initial Call
The first stage in pursuing a claim against your employer is for your Tampa employment discrimination attorney to submit a demand letter. Once the defendant-employer or its counsel has reviewed this demand letter, they will call you, setting the stage for future settlement discussions.
The purpose of this initial phone call is to:
Gauge your ability and readiness to pursue litigation;
Determine how much you are willing to settle your case for;
Intimidate you into believing that there is no legal basis for your case and that it will not hold up in a court of law; or
Squeeze information from you.
This initial telephone call may prove to be very detrimental your case, especially if you offer information that your Tampa employment discrimination attorney will not want to reveal to the defense. As such, your Tampa employment discrimination attorney will want you to be very careful and not offer any information unless in the presence of your attorney.
More specifically, in order to prevent falling into the defense attorney’s trap, your Tampa employment discrimination attorney will want you not to bid against yourself. You should not make any settlement demands to the defense attorney. But if you do, you should not budge against your original demand. In other words, you should not reduce your initial demand or else you will lose credibility and weakness.
We Can Help.
If you have been victimized by your employer, you may be entitled to certain compensation in correcting the offending activities. Employment claims are complex and the slightest wrong move on your part can greatly impact the outcome of your case. But with a Tampa employment discrimination attorney by your side, you can be confident that you will get the just compensation that you deserve and correct the offending activities.
For a free consultation with a Tampa employment discrimination attorney, please contact Smith, Feddeler & Smith at (863) 688-7766.
Our Practice Focus
- Workers’ Compensation
- Personal Injury
- Why You Need A Lawyer
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Dangerous Property Conditions
- Wrongful Death
- Brain Injuries
- Personal Injury Information
- Understanding a Personal Injury Journal, Tampa Injury Lawyer
- After Your Injury
- Paying Bills Later
- The Defendant
- Discovery Requests
- Request For More Documentation
- Personal Injury Journals
- Valuing Your Lakeland Personal Injury Case Based on Medical Bills and Records
- Stalling Tactics Used by Insurance Adjustors
- Common Techniques Used By Claims Representatives
- Special Damages Vs. Pain And Suffering
- Evaluating Claims
- How Much Is My Case Worth?
- Social Security Disability
- Employment Disputes
- Unlawful Retaliation
- Overtime & Wage Disputes
- Employment Law Information
- Successful Deposition Testimony
- Initial Stages of Your Employment Claim
- When Are Mental Exams By the Defense Allowed to Be Used on an Employee?
- Getting Ready For Your Deposition
- Title VII: Protected Categories
- Title VII’s Prohibitions
- The Use of Direct Evidence to Establish Retaliatory Intent
- Arbitration Favors Employers (Not Employees)
- The Value Of Emotional Distress
- How Lakeland Employment Lawyers Evaluate Cases
- Limit Discussion of Your Employment Case