In addition to serving all of your workers' compensation needs, Smith, Feddeler & Smith, P.A., also offers qualified legal counsel in a wide array of employment law issues, which may or may not be related to an existing workers' compensation claim. Established in 1968, our Lakeland-based law firm handles cases throughout Florida involving:
- Discrimination: Jobs are hard enough to come by. Don't let an employer unlawfully refuse to hire you because of your age, race, religion, gender or disability. We can advocate for you.
- Retaliatory discharge: It is illegal for your employer to fire you because you report an injury or request benefits to which you are entitled. If you did lose your job due to filing a workers' comp claim, we can fight for you.
- Wage and hour disputes: With money tight, many companies have resorted to asking employees to work more hours without overtime compensation. This is not acceptable. Let us help you pursue the pay you deserve.
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA): Some injuries and illnesses require an employer to accommodate you so that you can keep your job without a loss of income. If your employer refuses to comply with the ADA, we can represent you.
- Unemployment benefits: Many companies have representatives who routinely challenge benefits and know how to argue against your interests. Let us protect your unemployment compensation.
You Have Rights Under State And Federal Law
You don't have to put up with unfair treatment at work. Both Florida law and federal law grant you certain rights in the workplace. For instance, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits employment discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, sex, pregnancy, religion and national origin. Learn more about your rights and get answers to your employment law questions.
Talk To A Board-Certified Personal Injury Lawyer In A Free Consultation
You can also contact Smith, Feddeler & Smith, P.A., directly to set up a free, one-on-one consultation with one of our experienced employment law attorneys. Simply call 800-200-7546 or email us today. Our lawyers accept cases throughout the state.
Se habla español